Friday, November 16, 2007

My To Do List

When I opened up my blogger the other day they were talking about a to-do-list blog and I went and took a look at it, it was such a hoot! What was funny was that many of the items on her survey I actually do with my own lists, like write it in pen even though I'm a computeraholic, and writing things down that I've already done so I can cross them off triumphantly! I don't write in code on my daily to do lists but I do on my grocery lists and I definitely feel better if I have written a list and actually accomplished some of the things on it. I didn't always keep lists, it's just been in the last few years that I've been more regular......flylady has made a big difference. So I guess I've evolved into a listmaker and like it about myself. Don't keep one everyday but I would say 4-5 days out of 7 I do. I'm especially grateful for them on days that I have a lot to do, they really help me stay focused and to remember things I would forget otherwise.
So here is a sample list of my daily life:
  • Newspapers (I deliver papers every morning)
  • Scriptures
  • Lunches (getting everyone out the door with a lunch)
  • Dishes (cleaning up kitchen)
  • Exercise (just putting it down every day makes it look like I'm trying!!)
  • Laundry (starting a load of laundry)
  • Shower
  • Blog (as you can see by its scarcity this is another one that I write down to remind me that some day maybe I'll do it, it happens in fits and starts kind of like my exercising!!)
  • Supper (at least looking at the calendar to see if I can start it)
  • Email
  • Don's Business Books (this gets shuffled a lot!)
  • Sew dress (I am working on a little baby dress for Vanessa's piano teacher, found the cutest black material with treble clefs all over it!)
  • Phone calls
  • Mail letters
  • Vacuum main floor
  • Clean bathroom
  • Lunch duty (which I do every other week at Parkcrest)
  • Bank balance
  • Stake meeting (once a month in Vernon, since I'm the Stake YW Secretary that means doing whatever I have put off and preparing agendas)
  • ETC

That's looks totally crazy......... like I said this is my ideal list, I am just happy to cross some of them off!! My first ones are ones I do every morning, the second half is the one that changes depending on the day. Also this is basically what I try to take care of while everybody is gone to work or school, I will add to my list if I have specific things at night like a PAC Mtg, piano lesson, or dance class but big things that I know I'll remember (like dinner out with Don!!) I don't always write down.

So there you have it, a day in my life........Wonder what this will look like when I'm 80!!

1 comment:

BAK said...

Hey Kasandra. I am so not a list person, but on the days when I do make a list, things go so much smoother. Maybe I should start; even the ones that make us "look like we are trying" help us feel a sense of accomplishment!

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...