Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sewing insanity..........

Well yesterday was one of those days where you're busy all day but feel like you get nothing done.....and for any of you sewers out there, I hate the word EASE.........what it really means is that they want you to fit a big piece material onto a smaller one and make it fit!!!!
So I'm on a sewing binge, hope it ends quick .........and I've been having fun doing skirts but decided I needed to expand my repertoire.......so I went over to a friends' on Tuesday for a sewing marathon! Bonnie is an amazing sewer and so I asked her if she would help me with a dress for this upcoming Wilson wedding. So in one day, we picked out a pattern, material and all notions, cut it all out, cut out all the material and sewed the skirt, liner and lace, then started sewing the jacket together (I use the term " we " very loosely, lol.)
I then had to run home because the kids were home from school, I had to make a casserole in an hour and then had to be at school for Vanessa's award ceremony.........so I just brought the jacket home and figured I could just finish it at home.
So yesterday, Wednesday when I was supposed to be home by myself happily sewing, I forgot Melodie would be home ( on the job lookout) and then Mitchell woke up hot and his tummy hurting which now meant I would have to come up with snacks and lunch and I would have 3 people in the house......(I'm so compassionate...)
That JACKET was craaaaazy, like one giant puzzle, just the directions were bizarre. At least at Bonnie's I didn't have to read directions, I just did what she told me too. So spent every spare minute in my craft dungeon (see below and remember this is taken at the time of creation not at the time of rested and cleaned!!) reading, figuring, ironing, sewing, serging, trying it on and not finishing it........but it actually started to look like a jacket.

Here's Mitchell looking very weak, white and sick (lol) and eating his pb/j sandwich and mushrooms (hey 4 food groups). I made him take a nap after lunch, that's the rule, if you're sick you nap.........went upstairs after an hour and found him building LEGO and quickly decided quiet playing was as good as a nap! He spend 4 HOURS up there building lego, basically about the same time I spend sewing but at least he had something to show for it......and here it is, his motorcycle. Maybe I should be legoing and not sewing...........lol......
So stay posted, maybe I'll show you when its done if it fits!!!

1 comment:

reina granger said...

Hi Kas.
You have more courage then I have.Sewing is not my thing.
Lost of luck with your jacket.
Do send us a picture when you are done.
Love Mom Reina.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...