Monday, April 23, 2007

Stake Conference Weekend


A wonderful spiritual weekend! We went to Vernon for Stake Conference, Don and I both had leadership meetings and then we had the Saturday night session and Sunday morning session. Our Vernon stake is so big that they now have a session in Vernon and one in Kelowna on Sunday afternoon.

We usually stay in a hotel but opted to stay with Dave and Roxane Smith and family this time. They are such a warm and friendly couple and it gives us a little time to visit. Here is a picture of Rebecca and Mitchell with their two girls Kayla and Jenna. Our big girls came down later on Saturday with Mary Smith. Dave is the Bishop of the Vernon Ward and so he and Don can trade stories and learn from each other! I went with Roxane to Women's Conference last year and we had so much fun! I love the colours in their house......lots of gorgeous reds and yellows!.... and I also love the built in bookcases. The kids were trying to persuade me that we needed one of their brand new kittens....... I wasn't persuaded!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...